Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Newspaper Print Fingernails

If you are like me, you love to have cute finger and toenails. I recently bought some of the OPI Shattered nail polish and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. But as I was surfing the web, I found newspaper print nails and cannot wait to try it. Here's a step-by-step guide provided by Glam.com .

What You’ll Need:
▪ A shot glass
▪ Rubbing alcohol
▪ Base coat
▪ Clear top coat
▪ Pastel nail polish
▪ 10 small strips of newspaper


Step One: Apply one base coat followed by two coats of your pastel nail color. Allow to completely dry.
Step Two: Pour rubbing alcohol into a shot glass and dip a fingertip in.
Step Three: Cover damp nail with a strip of newspaper and firmly press in place for 30 seconds. Slowly peel newspaper off and allow to dry. Repeat on other fingertips.
Step Four: Set with a top coat.


Cute right?


8 comments:

  1. That's adorable! I'm sending this to my boyfriend's sister, she's really good at nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try to attempt it this weekend. It's just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dude, that is AWESOME.

    Since I chip my nails .574 seconds after getting a manicure, this might be the best idea. It probably looks "vintage" when chipped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg that is SO SO SO cool. I definitely have to try it! Thanks!

    And I just found your blog today and love it already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! I can finally graduate from French tip

    ReplyDelete
  6. i saw these the other day and i am doing it...lol made me think also of some cool comic strips in black and white might look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cool!! i wonder if it would work with strips of old piano sheet music?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey this is my tutorial, my nails and my photos ! please give me some credit!

    http://www.insideofmypurse.com/2010/08/gazete-baskili-tirnaklar-newspaper.html

    ReplyDelete