Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A day of destruction ...

Yesterday Oklahoma was hit by a tornado outbreak. Tons of tornadoes tore through Oklahoma like it was a playground waiting to be toyed with. Lives were taken and people lost everything. There is even a 3-year-old boy that remains missing after he was ripped out of the arms of his mother, who is in critical condition.

I am very blessed that none of my family or myself were affected by the storm. I had some very close calls and shed a lot of tears, but I woke up today knowing everything was going to be OK. Here is a look at what Oklahoman's faced yesterday:

(This is the tornado that was headed towards my house. Thank God it lifted before it got there.)









If you'd like to help, there are a lot of resources here with information on how you can do so.

The photo's were provided by NewsOK.com

6 comments:

  1. My prayers for all of you there in Oklahoma. I am from the Philippines and our country is also prone to those kinds of disaster. I've seen people go through the same horrible experiences, some survived, others didn't. I hope everyone of you gets all the help you need. Take care!


    PS. Found you through 20sb.net by the way.


    Love,
    ANN

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! That's so sad. Hope everything get better for all of you in Oklahoma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so terrible, I'm glad your family made it through it safely. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, ditto, I also found you through 20sb. This is me:

    http://diggingoutandup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds terrifying, I'm glad to hear you and your family made it through safely.
    I can't even begin to imagine how the mother of that 3 year old must feel, I hope a miracle happens and they find him somewhere safe and sound.

    //GeekyRedhead.net
    (Oh, I found you on 20SB too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart breaks for those who have lost family and property. We get tons of tornadoes here in Wisconsin, but nothing like ya'll experienced. It's not fair and I just do not understand. I'm visiting from 20sb and I love the background of your blog.

    ReplyDelete