Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My lucky day!

Last week was pay-it-forward week and a local jewelry store does just that. Every year, the jewelry store will drop gift boxes off in different locations throughout the city every day. Usually they go to a few places each day. They then post hints on Facebook about the location. Generally it is a picture of the place and in some cases they will post a generic map photo.

Well, I have hunted and hunted for one for several years now. I always wondered what was in them and what girl doesn't love free jewelry? Well last week, my boyfriend I found one! How did it happen?

Well I was sitting at work surfing Facebook and I just happened to see that they posted a new pic with a new location. It was at the lake near my house and I knew my boyfriend would be driving by there at that exact time on his way home. So, I ran to the break room and gave him a call. I was so excited and hoped it would be me!

He went to the location I described (because he is such a great boyfriend) and there it was, the little jewelry box containing the free gift! He took it and I asked him to open it so that I'd know what was in it (I just couldn't wait to open it myself). This is what I got:


I just love it and know I have several outfits that will look great with it.

So now I have to ask, what is the best free thing you have received?

6 comments:

  1. Thats sounds pretty fun! Very nice jewelry also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the neatest idea. so nice of the jewelry store to do that! I am not sure by best free thing. I have won some things from twitter parties or RT so that is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I would be so happy to win/find that! I wish they did something like that up here, I could use some new jewelry :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free jewelry? Gotta love that! My best free item? Advice, every time I go to a Mommys' night out! ; ) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dev! The jewelry is very nice! In answer to your question, that depends on what you mean by free. As far as "promotional gifts" I would have to say the books which I review. But the Biggest and most expensive gift was when I won an all expense paid trip for a week to Nanaimo(spelling)Canada for winning a nation-wide Essay Contest when I was a Junior in High School.
    God Bless!
    PJ
    PS. I hope what I said in my last comment helped you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I got a $5.99 oil change this week, so that was pretty awesome, but not free. I won a giveaway on someone's blog, so I have a sweet necklace coming to me in the mail soon. That may top the awesome list!

    ReplyDelete