Thursday, April 21, 2011

We Call it Home

As you may know Earth Day is Friday and it is a great day to do a little something special for our planet. While you may choose to be a greedy energy hog or take extra long showers, Friday is the day you can give back. So, I will give you a few tips on how to be a little bit more "green":

  • Share a ride! Ride with a co-worker or use public transportation to get yourself to work.
  • Use less water (Shower together or opt for a sponge bath).
  • Pick up some trash.
  • Share some of nature's beauty with your family (take a hike).
  • Go for a sunset walk.
  • Recycle, Recycle, Recycle.
  • Use cloth shopping bags (avoid the plastic bags, even if you use them to clean-up after your dog).
  • Turn the electronics off (go outside and soak in the natural light).
  • Drink out of that Brita pitcher instead of those plastic bottles.

Hope this helps you with your Earth Day celebration, feel free to share how you will be celebrating!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Gal! Great Ideas! The only thing is I can't seem to get past turn off the electronics! Gotta have my computer! LOL!

    God Bless!

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas!
    Though showering together turns into more water used when it comes to me and my bf...haha.

    P.S. Found you on the lady bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. visiting from 20 something bloggers. I try to remember my reusable shopping bags - I seem to be failing more often than not lately, or finding they are in use with other things and not available for my groceries! I do take short showers, though :). At my house Earth Day was more about Good Friday this year (at least we ate fish).

    ReplyDelete