Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Modern Day Miracle

When you hear the word miracle your first thought may be healing the sick, having a child when you didn't think you could, or even surviving a terrible car accident. Unfortunately we don't see miracles happen every day, but do we take notice when they happen?

Yesterday I witnessed a miracle.

I got a text message from my boyfriend saying that his bank account had been hacked. My first thought was that all of his money was taken and that he wasn't going to get a dime of it back. I could easily say that the miracle was because the bank is going to fix it and my boyfriend didn't lose all his money, but that's not it. Instead the miracle came from a random stranger in New York.

My boyfriend got a call from a random number in New York. He didn't answer and waited for the caller to leave a message. On that message man said that he received an order from (insert bf name) for a order of two watches totalling over $400. He said he wanted to confirm the order and left a number where he could be reached. My bf listened to the message and instantly freaked out because he did not order anything. He called the man back and told him that his bank account had been hacked and asked him to cancel the order.

Sometimes in this world it is hard to believe there are still people out there that care about others. We often look at life has a dog-eat-dog world and trus no one. This was very enlightening because there was someone who cared enough to make that call instead of taking the money and going about his business. So on this first post, I'd like to thank Big Apple Watch for looking out for my loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment